A sound poem representing four phases in a butterfly’s cycle: portrait, life, death, portrait. The piece exists in several versions: as a solo performance, as music for duo, trio, quartet, each time involving different instruments. The recorded version (1983/93, on the CD NUOVE MUSICHE DAL TEATRO DEL FARO) è per 2 performers con oboe, ocarine, flauto di pan, cetra-giocattolo, oggetti sonori, percussioni campionate.
– For trio: oboe, toy zither, ocarinas, cello, percussion (1993)
– for solo performer: oboe/English horn and small cassette-player (1995)
– for duo: flute and guitar (1996)
– for duo: flute and harp (1996)
– for quartet: trio plus violin (1996)
– for solo performer. toy zither, ocarinas, objects, music-box (1997)
– film version (2005)